The Dinozords were five battle-ready mecha created by Ninjor for use by a selected group of young warriors in their battles against evil. They would eventually be used by the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. When their enemies' attacks became too much, or it was clear that the Rangers couldn't win, they would call upon the Dinozords, usually merging them to form the Megazord. They were only used on their own on rare occasions. The Dinozords were used by the Rangers, along with the Dragonzord and later Titanus until their first encounter with Lord Zedd. Zedd was able to seal the Dinozords in the Earth's core, damaging them to the point where they could no longer be used as they were. Zordon and Alpha, however, were able to act quickly and use their remains in the construction of the Thunderzords, though were unable to provide a new Zord for Tommy at the time, as his Green Ranger powers were failing.
While these Zords are known as the Dinozords, it has been noted that only two of the machines were based on actual dinosaurs.
- Tyrannosaurus - The Red Ranger's Zord. A full-fledged mecha. Forms the torso and head of the Megazord. Once fought the Dragonzord on its own, but was placed under Zedd's control on one occasion. Capable of breathing fire and firing lasers from its eyes.
- Mastodon - The Black Ranger's Zord. As expected from a mammoth themed machine, it is capable of firing icy blasts. Forms the arms of the Megazord, while its head may be used as a shield. Can also combine with Dragonzord for Battle mode.
- Pterodactyl - The Pink Ranger's Zord. Fires electrical blasts in flight and forms chest armour for the Megazord.
- Sabre-Toothed Tiger - The Yellow Ranger's Zord, armed with a large cannon on its back. Forms the right leg of the Megazord.
- Triceratops - The Blue Ranger's Zord. Tank-like and armed with a pair of small guns on its back. Forms the Megazord's left leg.