Sentinel Squad O*N*E is a team of highly-trained military agents working for the US government's Office of National Emergency in the Marvel Comics universe. Following the cataclysmic events of Marvel's House of M saga, the government organized a specialist tactical force to protect the US from homeland threats should they be unable to rely on super-teams such as the Avengers or the X-Men. The ONE sanctioned the development of a new line of Sentinels - ones that would require human pilots rather than operate through artificial intelligence. The new Sentinels were built by Tony Stark of Stark Industries and were considerably larger and stronger than the previous Sentinel models. Some of them even had specialist features that set them apart from the mass-produced standard models. Despite the training its pilots endured and the armaments they possessed, the Sentinel Squad was largely unsuccessful. The squad is now defunct after all of its members were killed in action.
Standard O*N*E Sentinel CapabilitiesEdit
- Armour - The Sentinel Squad mecha are built using a combination of top-quality steel and fiberglass. The formula for this material was devised by Dr. Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) of the Fantastic Four.
- Flight - All Sentinel units are flight-capable with the jets built into their feet.
- Beam Weapons - The Sentinels' hands can fire pulsar beams, with other weapon varieties installed in the chest and eyes.
- Non-Lethal Weaponry - The Sentinel Squad also utilize net traps and smoke bombs for incapacitating enemies.
- Adaptability - Like the previous Sentinel models, the ONE Sentinels could adapt to different metahuman and mutant powers and counteract them with great efficiency.
- Psi-Shields - The latest ONE models were equipped with psi-shielding to protect their pilots from psychic attacks.